All cats must be vaccinated with an F3, F4 or F5 vaccine within 12 months prior to checking into the cattery. Please ensure that you email or bring in a copy of the vaccination certificate. We will be unable to check your cats into the hotel without sighting the certificate.
For new cat boarding guests, if the vaccination is due close to or during their stay, a vaccination will be required at least 2 weeks prior to checking in. For existing guests and where we have sighted the previous vaccination certificate, a 6 week grace period is accepted.
All cats 4 months and over must be surgically desexed by a licensed veterinarian. You may be asked to provide the
All cats are to be treated with a topical flea prevention treatment on the day of admission or night before checking into the cat hotel. We are happy to apply the treatment and add the application onto your account for payment.
Refusal at check in
For the safety of other cats in the suites, no cats will be accepted if they show visible signs of illness e.g. weepy eyes, sneezing or coughing. We will also refuse admission if proof of vaccination is not presented or is unavailable to be obtained
Should we feel that your cat is unwell at any time during their stay, our on affiliated veterinarian will be contacted. If treatment is deemed necessary we will endeavor to contact your regular veterinarian. A fee will be charged for this service, our veterinarians fee’s and for any travel expenses involved, payable on checking out. While every effort will be made to seek treatment for your pet at your nominated veterinarian any costs will be the responsibility of the owner.
Staff from Divine Creatures are happy to administer any medications that your cat may require, this includes administering tablets, injections or creams. All supplied medication must be prescribed by a licensed veterinarian & clearly labelled as such. There is an additional fee per dose and per medication, depending on the amount and difficulty of medicating. To care for your cat, additional information pertaining to the illness and medication may be requested and must be supplied. A daily record will be kept by our qualified Veterinary nursing staff.
We feed our Resort Guests the highest quality premium food of Royal Canin Sensible. Any other diet other than the one supplied by Divine Creatures or if your cat(s) has special dietary needs e.g: Diabetic, Urinary Tract problems, Dietary sensitivity / allergy, must be supplied or purchased. Sufficient food must be supplied by you or purchased, to feed your cat(s) for the entire durations of the booked holiday. Any additional bags required to be opened will be charged to your account.
General Cancellation policy is as follows:
- The full amount of the inclusive dates as per your confirmation email is due if you cancel 72 hours prior to your check in date.
- The full amount of your invoice is due on the day of cancellation (within the 72 hour period? Is this the same as above?)
- The booking fee of one-night accommodation is forfeited if cancellation is more than 72hours prior to your check in date.
- The only exception is if your cat is seriously ill requiring veterinary hospitalization and evidence of your cat’s hospitalization can be provided. Your cat must be in hospital in the week before the booking or over the booked holiday to qualify for this exemption, as we have qualified veterinary nurses on duty every day. Divine Creatures is owned by a qualified ICU and emergency Veterinary Nurse and co-owned by an off-site Veterinarian, thus we are able to manage medical cases unless your cat requires direct veterinary care (not nursing care). In this event and at managerial discretion, you will be exempt from this new cancellation policy, however the booking fee will remain non-transferable and non-refundable.
Christmas cancellation policy (remains unchanged):
- $100 booking fee is required to book over the Christmas period (15th December – 15th January)
- 10 night minimum booking is required
- 50% amount of the inclusive dates as per your confirmation email is due by 1st October each year.
- 25% is refunded if booking is cancelled before November 1st
- All deposits and booking fees are non-transferable and non-refundable after 2nd November
- The General Cancellation policy applies for all bookings that are cancelled within 72hours of boarding date
No Raw Food Policy
At Divine Creatures we are committed to providing the highest level of care for your beloved cat(s). We aim to provide your cat with an environment that is comfortable, stress free and healthy and we take great precautions in reducing the risk of any type of infectious disease.
Over the last few years it has become increasingly more popular to feed raw meat-based diets to pets but unfortunately this type of diet comes with risks that we can’t accept at Divine Creatures. A variety of potential pathogens including E.Coli, Clostridium spp, Campylobacter and Salmonella may be present in raw meat, including meat that is intended for human consumption. As freezing and freeze-drying do not destroy all pathogens, both home-prepared and commercial raw meat-based diets are at risk of being contaminated.
Pets or animals that consume contaminated meat may become ill, but even if they do not become overtly unwell or appear healthy, that is not to say they don’t pose a risk to others. Studies have shown that the bacteria can shed from infected animals into the environment for many days, sometimes even weeks.
For our cattery this poses a health risk for our other boarders and our staff. As we cannot accept this risk, we have implemented a “No raw food” policy.
Please be advised that we cannot make any exceptions. This policy has been made to protect the valued health and safety of all boarders and our staff. It is not intended to instruct on what to feed your pet at home, nor is it intended to challenge the perceived benefits of a raw meat diet.
We would greatly appreciate if you could please inform us if your cat has been fed raw meat at home before presenting to the cattery in order for us to take the necessary precautions (e.g. handling with gloves and protective clothing). These boarders are unfortunately not allowed in our exercise area.
We thank you for your understanding
Freeman LM, Chandler M, Hamper BA, et al. Current knowledge about the risks and benefits of raw meat-based diets for dogs and cats. J Amer Vet Med Assoc 2013;243, 11, 1549 – 1558. The “BARF” trend – Advantages, drawbacks and risks. Vet Focus 2014;24:16-23.
Dr Yvonne Van Der Veek
To cover administration fees and to ensure that other guests wishing to book into Divine Creatures are not disadvantaged a none refundable/none transferable booking fee of one nights accommodation is required to secure the booking or $100 for boarding over 21 days.
During the Christmas period a minimum booking of 10 days will apply and a none refundable/none transferable 50% deposit is required for all bookings during peak periods (Christmas and Easter). This deposit will be deducted from your total account which is payable at admission.